We're hiring a Chief Executive Officer!
OPEN POSITION: CEO
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2023
APPLY TO: [email protected]
LOCATION: New York, NY
Elluminate, the next chapter of the Jewish Women’s Foundation of New York, is dedicated to gender justice and social innovation. We empower trailblazing Jewish entrepreneurial women and visionary feminist philanthropists in their unwavering pursuit of systemic social change. By bringing together a diverse coalition of smart, courageous women, we are addressing the unique challenges faced by female leaders, ensuring that they are supported and elevated as they battle to change the world. Together, we work as a force multiplier for dramatic social change, celebrating connection, strengthening leadership capabilities, magnifying voices, and accelerating transformational influence and impact – in the U.S. and beyond.
Over the course of our 25 year history, we have awarded over $7.5 million to 300+ organizations and projects, shining a light on gender-based and social justice issues and funding programmatic solutions.
Elluminate’s next CEO will build on the organization’s momentum and past success, continuing to grow and strengthen our impact and our vision.
We are committed to ensuring that Elluminate represents the entire mosaic of lived experiences that is the Jewish community and welcome the participation of all.
For more information, visit www.elluminatewomen.org
OUR WORKPLACE CULTURE + VALUES
Elluminate is a fast-paced organization with a collegial culture. We all work towards the mission; everyone, professional staff and lay leaders, with accountability towards our collective success.
The professional team works in a hybrid model, regularly working together in the office, as well as working from home. Sharing physical and virtual space is important to nourishing our culture of support and our relationship-based work.
In support of our mission we value: strategic risk-taking, a pursuit of excellence, equity, innovation, integrity and collaboration.
During the last several years, Elluminate has evolved from a traditional grant making organization into a vibrant, forward-thinking, feminist powerhouse focused on the intersection of Jewish visionary philanthropists and entrepreneurial leaders.
Elluminate’s next CEO will lead the processional team from a place of bold vision and together support excellence in delivery of Elluminate’s mission.
The new CEO will have the opportunity to apply vision, strategy and best-in-class organizational practices as they continue to expand our impact, reach and visibility.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership to provide thought leadership and a sounding board grounded in collaboration, trust, forthrightness, and candor.
The CEO will lead Elluminate in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, advancing our mission and values, and supporting the leaders in whom we invest. To do this, the CEO will:
● Partner with Elluminate’s Board of Directors, Executive Committee and committee chairs to establish strategic priorities and lead a plan for implementation, measurement and evaluation;
● Lead, manage, and support the staff, including for effective management and development of the professional team,and drawing from the strength of our
organizational culture and seeking opportunities for continued growth;
● Identify relevant emerging directions in philanthropy, and make recommendations on how trends influence the (existing and new) substantive areas of the organization’s mission;
● Represent Elluminate by serving as a thought-leader in the Jewish, gender and philanthropic communities and public;
● Identify relevant opportunities for issue advocacy that are aligned with our mission and purpose;
● Continue to build on Elluminate’s work in support of Diversity, Equity and Justice as we strive to listen, learn, reflect, and take action in this space;
● Develop and maintain relationships with other relevant Jewish and women’s foundations and community organizations;
● Convene feminist thought leaders, activists and philanthropists to collaborate on emerging issues in the field and advance gender equity; and
● Use data and metrics to achieve goals, communicate to relevant stakeholders and hold others accountable in our short, medium and long term work.
Fundraising and Financial Management
The CEO brings a proven track record, resourcefulness and a strategic mindset towards building the organization’s internal financial systems. The CEO will lead the organization to deepen relationships with existing and especially new financial supporters. Elluminate’s CEO will:
● Develop and lead a robust fundraising strategy, including a plan for implementation, metrics and evaluation, and a path to sustainable growth;
● Implement ongoing and special fundraising campaigns that include building and maintaining relationships with current and prospective donors and developing a sustainable culture of philanthropy;
● Engage the Board strategically to support the philanthropic goals of Elluminate;
● Cultivate and solicit major donor prospects, including and beyond the Board of Directors and next generation funders;
● Oversee and evaluate Elluminate’s signature annual events, including The Convening and Annual Benefit Luncheon. Partner with staff and lay leadership to secure honorees and guest speakers selection, cultivating and stewarding corporate sponsorship and program development; and
● Direct all financial oversight of the organization, including the development, implementation and monitoring of the annual budget for approval by the Board, the audit, financial planning, cash flow management, investment portfolios and grants management. Manage all accounting functions in partnership with Elluminate’s bookkeeper and Director of Strategic Engagement and Operations, and provide appropriate controls and accountability of all funds.
The CEO will be the voice for Elluminate. Responsibilities will include:
● Regularly communicating with the Board and other key stakeholders;
● Publishing thought pieces and serving as a leading voice in the field for issues within our purview; and
● Reviewing and building on our existing communications strategy with internal and external stakeholders.
● Passionate about feminist leadership, philanthropy and social change;
● Senior level professional experience, including experience managing a professional team;
● Strong strategic instincts and the ability to navigate operations and processes that drive a thriving organization;
● Demonstrated track record in leading all aspects of fundraising, financial management and oversight;
● Strong relationship management skills,;
● Commitment to leading with best practices in team culture and organizational development;
● Successful track record of working in partnership with volunteer leaders and a Board of Directors;
● Ability to work with and support professionals at different levels of an organization; and
● An innovative approach to messaging and leadership.
COMMITMENT, COMPENSATION, & BENEFITS
This is a full-time exempt position, with a salary between $200k-$220k, commensurate withexperience. The Elluminate benefits package includes unlimited PTO, subsidized health insurance, and dental and vision coverage for the individual (available for family members through employee contributions). Parental leave policy allows for 12 weeks of paid leave.
HOW TO APPLY
By 5pm ET on March 31, 2023, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with your name and “Elluminate CEO” in the subject line.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and other structurally marginalized people are more likely to apply for jobs when they meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. Elluminate is dedicated to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in our work and what you hope to bring to this role.
Once the deadline passes, our selection committee will review all applications. Candidates will be contacted in April if there is an opportunity to be interviewed.
Elluminate provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment. Candidate must complete a background check.